gpmanagement.co.uk forum

Practice Administration general forum for all practice administration issues.

Username
Password
09-11-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
Arthur

Newly joined

Question neg Surgery Line

Recently had rep. from above Co presenting this product. For those of u who are users would be interested to learn how u rate product. We have opp. of going alone on this or as part of a cluster who use the same building.
Arthur is offline Reply With Quote
01-03-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
Maria Hoskin

Newly joined

Default Re: neg Surgery Line

I am having this installed on the 6th & 7th March 2007. I will let you know how we are getting on with it following installation

Maria
Maria Hoskin is offline Reply With Quote
01-03-2007, 11:40 AM   #3
Maria Hoskin

Newly joined

We are having this installed on the 6th and 7th March. I will let you know how we get on with it following installation.

Maria
Maria Hoskin is offline Reply With Quote
08-03-2007, 10:41 AM   #4
avezard

We haven't bought/leased the NEG system so cannot comment in depth. However, the cost of a 7 year lease for our practice was 27k from NEG.

A comparable system, purchased outright for cash came in, depending on supplier, at 9-12k. A comparable system, leased over 7 years came out at just over half the NEG price from our exisitng supplier.

In the end, you don't have to go with NEG if you want to use 08444 lo call numbers, other suppliers can provide the same lines.

You have to ask yourself why the price differential and decide if you (or your patients via call charges) should be paying so much.

I'd suggest it will pay you to shop around.
avezard is offline Reply With Quote
12-03-2007, 01:57 PM   #5
jeffrey.krell

Newly joined

Arrow Re: neg Surgery Line

Hi

We looked at this and decided very much against it. who wants a 7 tear lease and the savings quoted were very misleading.

You need to be on the phone for three minutes for the savings to start on each call.

It is a very dear way to try and save money

Jeffrey
jeffrey.krell is offline Reply With Quote
12-03-2007, 02:11 PM   #6
Janew

Newly joined

Angry Re: neg Surgery Line

I don't want to upset anyone, but we went with NEG two and a half years ago. We had a lot of bother changing our phone number and within 9 months had to change it again as they had put us on a premium rat line and the patients were complaining very loud and long. We went through all the palaver of changing the number again. We have had lots of problems with the system, it regularly "forgets" to turn the system over to manual at 8.00am and we have patients giving us grief over that. We have been told on numerous occasions that they have found the problem, but it still happens. The last twice they have told us that we need a new hub, but have not fitted one as an engineering supervisor hasn't seen the fault! The worst bit is that when it happens we cannot get an outside line and we have to use staff personal mobile phones to call.
Best of luck if you go with it. I don't know what it costs as I don't deal with the finances, but it is not cheap enough for all the hassle.
Jan
Janew is offline Reply With Quote
13-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #7
avezard

Not an easy one to get accurate information on either. Anyone who expresses reservations on the FPM Website is hit by an NEG rep who seems to have an automatic right of reply to anything negative said about the system.

What really swayed me from the 08444 numbers (as opposed to any particular system) was the feeling that it would be immoral to get the patients to pay for a new phone system via charges that they would not normally pay-we are a poor inner city area and it just would not have gone down well at all.
avezard is offline Reply With Quote
02-05-2007, 11:57 AM   #8
Harmander

Unhappy Re: neg Surgery Line

I only received this thread today but I agree with Janew - my message would be do not go with Neg- I do not mind if I upset them. We have had nothing but grief, patients complaining about the cost of their bills, they cannot get through for hours, the ansaphone message closes the surgery when it feels like it. we were told we will get a credit back if a higher number of patients call in - so what they do is at busy times of the surgery like in the morning they decide to turn the PC off so it gives a message to patients surgery is now closed or you number 20 in que???? it just never works , the only good thing may be that you have got this women who speaks very clearly. we are still trying to post them all the complaints so that we can get out of their contract. Good luck if you have decided to go with them.
Harmander is offline Reply With Quote
11-05-2007, 10:06 AM   #9
AJM

We recently negotiated quite closely with NEG, but felt that we would still be somewhat short of the required numbers in phone calls. We personally dont have an issue with the change of numbers, as most of our calls 'out' are to mobile phones, as well as 0800 numbers for other services, we are paying more for our calls, so our costs have risen.

There are a number of phone providers out there, who will look at self funding systems, as opposed to outright purchase or BT rentals
AJM is offline Reply With Quote
15-05-2007, 11:16 AM   #10
Bob Shearer

We run call logging software so when we spoke to NEG about Surgery Line we were able to compare our actual figures with thir quotes. We concluded that we were never going to get the return that they promised. Plus there is the hassle of changing phone numbers and the commitment to a seven year lease which would cost us about 4 times the value of a new phone system.

Don't do it would be my advice!

Bob
Bob Shearer is offline Reply With Quote