PDA

View Full Version : Agenda for change

dlmc
27-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Has anyone implemented agenda for change at practice level, what changes were needed, and what pay scales are you following for practice nurses?

1Stopdocshop
29-11-2006, 08:42 AM
Has anyone implemented agenda for change at practice level, what changes were needed, and what pay scales are you following for practice nurses?
I was part of the PCT implimentation team when it was initiated and rolled out for NHS staff across East Leeds PCT, our locality has a very good/supported managers network group I was representative to them on the implimentation group. On the whole we have not implimented A4C at practice level as there is no need to do so, practices remain indipendant of NHS employment terms and condition, however it is good practice to have good terms and conditions that are competetive at practice level. some practices took some of the T&C's from A4C and introduces them into the T&C'c i.e. some pay levels for senior and other nursing staff along with annual appraisals and payscales as long as there is clear evidance and support for personal development and the practice benefits from this, it has to work both ways staff have to change and improve to gain the benefits of what A4C can offer, its also worth remembering that if you introduce A4C to one staff level you mihgt have to across the patch, however its also worth remembering that T&C's are personal to individual staff as you see fit and staff should not discuss their personal terms with others you can insist on this as a term and condition. Hope this helps and I'm not teaching you to suck eggs!! :)

dlmc
07-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the response - It was very helpful:) :)