PDA

View Full Version : Emis V Gpass

Helen
17-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Can anyone give me the highs and lows about using EMIS please? We are looking at alternative systems up here, so any information would be very helpful.

Sheena MacKinnon
18-08-2006, 12:40 PM
We have been using EMIS for a number of years now. We upgraded to PCS last year. We did have problems at the beginning but that was to do with data transfer. We are happy on the whole with EMIS. The facility of population manager to look at clinical/admin indicators is good. When we hear all the GPASS problems we are glad to have it! The only problem we have is with drug ordering. We have been unable use this function with PCS and they are still looking at sorting it. Otherwise I would recommend it. Its good that they can dial in remotely and sort some of the problems. You do pay for this service but its worth it rather than waiting for IT to sort it.

Hope this helps.

angi hibberd
06-10-2006, 12:36 PM
We had TCR up until 3 years ago, I actually asked the PCT for EMIS with the nGMS contract. We had PCS installed. It is a very easy system to use as whilst typing in consultation it will drop down read codes associated with the typing. Even the Dr uses the computer, which he did not with the other system.