PDA

View Full Version : Web Pages

karia
16-11-2006, 04:49 PM
We are in process of developing practice web site.Any suggestions please
Arvind Karia

Nursie
19-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Have a look at ours. If you like it contact the developer from the home page link

www.stleonards-surgery.com

Nursie

Rachael
12-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Hi Karia. We developed ours from the freewebs service. www.freewebs.co.uk It is free if you use a freewebs address but costs about 30 if you register your own name. It is a doddle to set up and use. Even I can manage it.

Have a go. It costs nothing to try and you could surprise yourself. Our website is www.clevelandsurgery.co.uk if you want a look.

Rachael

WinHC
31-07-2007, 10:33 AM
there are plenty of easy ways to write your own website, MS frontpage, dreamweaver etc.
I would recommend writing it yourself rather than getting someone else to develop one so you are able to update it as and when you require.
This is the one i did for our surgery, as you can see being able to update it yourself is extrememly useful for keeping patients up-to-date with latest news and also adding new functionality ( e.g online repeat prescriptions).

http://www.winyateshc.co.uk/

in terms of tips:
Golden rule, keep it simple, consider the knowledge base of the end user, the patients using your site. Navigation needs to be simple and obvious. A surgery website is likely to receive people with vastly different IT skill levels from first time novices right through to IT professionals.
Similarly, its likely your site will receive traffic from patients with special needs, there are legal requirements for public websites regarding font size, colour, readability, rollover alt text etc..
useful website on this: http://www.vordweb.co.uk/accessibility.htm

I'd also suggest, consider just how contactable you wish to be via your website. If you display a surgery email address for patients to contact you on do you have available staff to monitor and reply to them? Although our patients can email us their repeat prescription requests our actual email address is hidden in .asp coded pages, by creating 'forms' on the website it prevents unwanted correspondence that could be better handled elsewhere.