PDA

View Full Version : Handbook of Practice Management

SteveR
06-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Hi all, I wonder if anybody has any views on the above product. It is one of this big handbook things that is updated occasionally with new information and so on.

I have to say it looks impressive. As a new practice manager I was wondering if I am really going to actually read it! I tend to prefer using the internet and speaking to people.

Does anybody use it? I would appreciate anybody's experience with it.

Thanks
Steve

Gwyn
08-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Steve

I know the book you mean it's large and as you say looks very impressive, but no I have not found the need to refer to it. I think you will get better advice that is easier to relate to the real world from colleagues and indeed sources like this one. Hope that helps

SteveR
08-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Thanks Gwyn for confirming my suspicions! :)

Steve

Elaine Handover
19-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Whilst the book is largethe CD isn't. Can be useful sometimes re contracts job descriptions etc.

Janine
19-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Hi all, I wonder if anybody has any views on the above product. It is one of this big handbook things that is updated occasionally with new information and so on.

I have to say it looks impressive. As a new practice manager I was wondering if I am really going to actually read it! I tend to prefer using the internet and speaking to people.

Does anybody use it? I would appreciate anybody's experience with it.

Thanks
Steve

steve I find it useful for reference purposes in the past but I must say this web site and first practice management is just as good