PDA

View Full Version : nhs email to fax

gary
19-10-2006, 11:46 AM
I have just found out that you can use the nhsnet to send email-to-fax. just put your fax number with area code into an email address like this
yourfaxnumber@fax.nhs.net and send an email, it will be delivered to your fax machine.
Our OOH service has just stated that from now on they will not send any more faxes about OOH consultations, email only. This service means that I can still recieve faxes even though the OOH send an email.
I am also going to use it to send faxes from my desktop when I refer patients as an emergency: just write a letter in EMIS, copy it to outlook and send to the hospital fax machine, well- that's the theory!

MikeyM
27-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Why bother printing it out at all? You can attach emails directly into EMIS and save on the paper!

You also don't need to copy your letter into Outlook. In Word go to the File menu and choose Send To, Mail Recipient (as attachment). It will launch a new email for you and attach the letter to it.

The NHS also provides an email to SMS (text message) gateway.
mobilenumber@sms.nhs.net

gary
27-10-2006, 01:55 PM
thanks. haven't worked out how to do this for prescriptions yet, is this possible ?

MikeyM
27-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Can you be more specific about what you mean by 'able to do this for prescriptions'?

Cheers
Mikey

gary
27-10-2006, 02:35 PM
I have fiddled about for a while trying to get my emis pcs system to allow me to send a presciption to Outlook as you described above for a Word doc, rather than to a printer. I haven't had too much time to spend on it I am afraid- too much to do today! but I suspect it should be possible.
at the moment my dispensers have to print the script out, then go to the fax machine to send it ( when required). be simpler if they could do it all from the desktop, and get a receipt as well saying that it was sent.:confused: