PDA

View Full Version : Computer consultations

julie walsh
19-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Please help!!

We are trying to be paperlight and we have a lovely senior partner who refuses to use the computer system!! I know, not good!! :eek: (he is due to retire in June)

Does anyone have a protocol that I could 'tweek' to cover the admin staff entering his consultations from the lloyd george notes after he has seen his patients?:confused:

Many thanks
Jules

jblair
19-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Hi Julie

Not sure about this one. Your staff could be on difficult ground if the wrong information is recorded. Why not try the BMA website for guidance?

Nursie
19-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Hi Julie

I don't think there should be a problem - as long as his writing is legible. Or get him to dictate his consultations? I've often seen typed notes which must have been dictated or transcribed. You could always make him an offer he can't refuse and get him to retire early!:D

Rachael
02-11-2006, 12:59 PM
I think you should steer clear of letting other people interpret your doctors consultations. It maybe would be better to scan on the consultation in its entirity and then get soneone to code the entry afterwards. I don't think anything else would be medicolegally acceptable.

Thanks
Rachael

Carabine
03-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Bit difficult to have a protocol....would suggest that your data input clerk just does it and strongly advise that you also scan the continuation card for double check.....either way make sure you dont loose the continuation card....also make sure that all info on card is Read coded....perhaps while your Snr Partner is watching...might get interested when he sees how easy it is and how little he really has to do.

Gordon
05-11-2006, 01:26 AM
Maybe it is about time his partners gave you a bit of support and find out what his problem is, Computers are part of todays work and it is simply not good enough to refuse to use the computer system. It could also cost you around 12,000 with the DES coming up.