PDA

View Full Version : Retirement Age - Existing Staff Members

ShelliF
03-10-2006, 12:14 PM
I am still not sure from the guidance I have read whether or not the Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006 includes existing members of staff who have in their current contracts the retirement age of 60 - Does anyone know?

We have had members of staff work beyond our normal retirement age of 60, up to 70 years old on a reduced hours contract - but have a couple of staff who will be 60 in the next 2 years and I'm not sure whether the regulations now supercede our precedent and they should work on their existing terms and conditions until 65.

I would be pleased to hear your comments.

Gordon
03-10-2006, 01:04 PM
As far as I know the regulations come into force now regarding your present employees

chhaya shah
06-02-2007, 02:18 PM
I am still not sure from the guidance I have read whether or not the Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006 includes existing members of staff who have in their current contracts the retirement age of 60 - Does anyone know?

We have had members of staff work beyond our normal retirement age of 60, up to 70 years old on a reduced hours contract - but have a couple of staff who will be 60 in the next 2 years and I'm not sure whether the regulations now supercede our precedent and they should work on their existing terms and conditions until 65.

I would be pleased to hear your comments.
pl amend your contract
There is NO retirement age in this employment with effect from 1 10 2006
(Age discrimination act 1.10.2006, on account of changes in legislation)
Employee should submit health declaration certificate each year to the Practice Manager.