PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Living Increases for 08-09

AJM
29-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Any PM's thought about this one yet?

adrianMP
29-02-2008, 04:02 PM
hmm... 2% rise this year, plus the 2% last year, and no increase in contract monies. sounds like 4% loss to me

mobo
14-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Any PM's thought about this one yet?
I am still struggling to determine what is affordable given the latest body slam about extended hours, i note that according to the poll most practices are paying 2.5%, but some are not paying anything at all. what did you decide to do in the finish. mobo

Bob Shearer
15-04-2008, 12:40 PM
The national increase proposed, and I think accepted, is 2.75% as part of a two year deal. However, this does not make any allowance for the reduction in global sum and therefore practice income. If a CoL increase was to be based on the change in QoF income then there would be no increase for staff.

Mind you, the overall practice profits still seem to increase year on year despite GPs complaining of zero percent increases ;)

Bob

remmonds
06-05-2008, 05:32 PM
I gave 2.5% last year. Locally this year there is debate whether or not it should be 2.5% or 2.75% to keep up with the NHS national increase proposal.
General practices have not accepted Agenda for Change and this is becoming increasing harder to recruit new members and importantly, keep the staff we have!
It is therefore important, we try to keep inline with national movements.

Mags
07-05-2008, 09:59 AM
We have just given 2.5% to all staff. We have not accepted agenda for change but have put our staff on to the agenda for change salary scales.

mpmtaylor
12-05-2008, 05:51 PM
We have been contemplating since 1st April what rate to pay. To date the RCN have said 2.75% but I understand it is not final. As we have some trust staff employed as receptionists as we work in a Health Centre, the rate has not been confirmed by Unison I have been told today.

However we are paying our nurses 2.75% and holding back on staff until we know for sure as we dont want to shoot ourselves in the foot. It will of course be backdated when we hear it has been finalised.

Little Mo
PM