PDA

View Full Version : Hca - Nvq Level 3

depbed
08-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Could anyone give me information on the above or direct me to a website that is relevant?

kimberley
18-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Could anyone give me information on the above or direct me to a website that is relevant?
Hi, I teach NVQs Level 2 & 3, please can you tell me which particular field in NVQs you are wanting to get more info on?
if you leave a private message I will get back to you and contact details.
kimberley

kimberley
23-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Hi,
There is a Health and Social Care (HSC) NVQ Level 3 programme, it consists of 4 core units and 4 optional units (these you pick from a choice of many, but they have to be appropriate to your job role).
4 core units are
HSC31 - Promote effective communication
HSC32 - Promte, monitor & maintain health, safety & security
HSC33 - Reflect on & develop your practice
HSC35 - Promote choice, well-being & the protection of all individuals
All evidence generated for this NVQ programme should come from the work place.
You should have access to an assessor (with D32, D33 or A1 qualification) or work with an assessor working through their A1 assessor programme)
The assessor should also be competent in the areas of which you will be assessed.
All work done and observed should be assessed against the NVQ programme standards and this is collected in a form of a Portfolio.
Types of evidence can come from:-
Direct observation by your assessor.
Questions - these come from the Knowledge Specification section of the unit standards - the theory on your knowledge.
Reflective essays - reflecting on your practice - demonstrating your skills and knowledge in you practice.
Witness Testimony - working with a qualified member of staff.
Work product - certificate of attendance to a workshop eg, Resuscitation, moving & handling, infection control, child protection, consent, or any other appropriate sessions relating to your practice.
Professional discussion - with your assessor discussing issues around your practice set against the unit standards.

I hope this helps to clarify what this NVQ programme is about, the time to complete an NVQ HSC is 3 years from registration with the awarding body ie, City & Guilds, but it is candidate lead and up to that person if they wish to complete before hand.
If you need any further info please email.
Kimberely