PDA

View Full Version : Pms Contract Review

Harmander
25-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Hi Everyone

I Seem To Be Having All The Problems. Can Anyone Who Is Pms Tell Me That Since You Contracted To Be A Pms Practice , Leaving The Qof Domains On One Side, What Other Services Are Allowed To Raise The Pms Budget. We Are In Fact Doing Everything Possible For The Better Of The Patient - Well Woman Clinic, Asthma Inr Ecg Etc But I Have Been Told That This Is Duplicate Of The Qof Points??
Any Ideas.

Gordon
26-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Not sure Ecg and Inr is in the Qof points, they maybe done as a Les or they may have been agreed in your original Pms contract.

pruritus
29-09-2006, 08:44 PM
I think firstly go back to your original PMS contract and see what was agreed. Your practice may have agreed to do “X” in return for payment or “growth money” extra services again for more money.

From the viewpoint of Warfarin & ECG clinics that would be part of an (ES) Extended Service again for an agreed amount of money.

I note the comment that <i>We Are In Fact Doing Everything Possible For The Better Of The Patient</i> sounds to my ears that you are working for nothing.

I too have a PMS contract review coming up. My viewpoint is that you should look at a spreadsheet of your payments and divide it into per capita. You should be able to find what the spread of per capita payments are in your area and see where you are. It gives you a strong lever if you are at the bottom end.

Growth money must be strongly defended particularly if permanent commitments have been made e.g. staff & services.

Find their agenda and be aware of where you have failed on your contract eg smears and show them what you are doing to change this.

Lastly ask them for payments under GMS. The last Doctor magazine showed £120 per capita as what is reasonable?