PDA

View Full Version : deduction of holiday pay

amoss
14-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Hi,

I have a member of staff leaving who will be due to have 3 days holiday pay deducted from her last salary cheque. She does not work an equal number of hours each day. How best to calculate this? An average of her total weekly hours?

Also in anticipation of new staff and updating contract our letter of offer includes: hours of work, salary, holiday entitlement, probationary period and start date but at a recent seminar we were told that this letter should cover 17 points! I would be interersted to hear what other practices do.

Ailie

Gwyn
17-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Hi Allie

I have just had this situation and I took her hours for the week and divided them by the number of days she works per week (5in my case)then multiplied it by the days owing; the staff member was quite happy with this.

Regards
Gwyn

amoss
18-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks.

This situation has made me realise that the holiday entitlements section of the contract for our next member of staff will need to be reworded especially due to the fact that there is a two hour session worked on a Saturday.

(Yes we are one of the few that still opens on a saturday!)

gary
06-11-2007, 10:44 PM
here is a little spreadsheet I use that calculates holiday entitlement , it is pretty straightforward, just enter the data in the red and blue sections, http://www.gpmanagement.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15&d=1156515118
:)