PDA

View Full Version : Text Messaging

ShelliF
17-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Just thinking about using txt messaging to remind patients of their appointments and was wondering if anyone out there uses this service and how they find it?

Is it as cost saving as the adverts would have you believe? and have you found your DNA rate to have gone down?

Do you use it during the flu campaign or for reminding patients about the chronic diesease check ups instead of letters?

Can anyone recommend a company providing this service to EMIS users?

Thanks

Shelli

gary
17-08-2007, 11:56 AM
you can send a text message ( SMS message) via the nhs.net ( an email to sms service)
just send it as an email in the form of " mobilenumber@sms.nhs.net"

ie 07772223456@sms.nhs.net

see the nhs.net web page, login to your email online and click on the SMS tab at the top

you can also send a whole list of texts by separating the numbers with commas:cool:

if you were going to do this a lot I would have thought the best thing to do is to collect your pts mobile numbers, then enter them on Outlook i the format of " EmisIDNumber-SMS" in the name section and then add the email address as above for text sms number. so all you have to do to send a pt an sms would be to send an email, which you would find in Outlook under their EmisIDnumber. simple really.

i use the equivalent fax service to send emergency letters to hospital , and on Outlook I have for instance " JPH Casualty Fax" , I copy in the letter and send an email, and the fax is delivered.