PDA

View Full Version : Patient/neighbour litigating with practice

Harmander
31-07-2007, 01:01 PM
our next door neighbour has been our patient for over 25 years and whilst redeveloping our premises, being a terraced house, a girdle slightly damaged his wall, went through the plaster.The practice admitted liability and asked for estimate of repairs to invoice us.Initially he agreed but later on I think he got greedy and got a solicitor to claim 10,000?? Now would i remove him as a patient and on what grounds? Relationship at risk because of his intention?? Please advise.

Carabine
31-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Dont really see that you have any grounds for removing him....unless pt / Dr realtionship has broken down....hard to prove at this stage. Cant see HCC would support it.....ask MDU

Anne-Marie Mitchell
14-08-2007, 01:45 PM
i would strongly suggest that you do NOT remove him or you could have another claim on your hands,plus bad publicity.
I agree with Carabine ask your MDU for advice.

Anne-Marie

avezard
03-10-2007, 09:19 AM
I think it's a bad idea to remove the patient. It will leave you open to further risk at worst and terrible publicity at best, appearing to be very small minded.

The figure quoted is the start of a negotiation process. You shoulnd't end up apying that much. Isn't your builder insured against this kind of event?-He should be.