PDA

View Full Version : Web Based Forums-Query

avezard
28-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Our PM forum is looking into setting up some sort of internet based extension of the forum, so that PMs can discuss/get advice etc online.

Has anyone out there got any experience of doing this. Obvious concerns would be cost and confidentiality. The existing national forums such as this and also FPM are good, but we want something more local to supplement our regular group meetings, which are declining in attendance due to workload pressure etc.

I'd be particularly interested to hear of anyone who has done this for their local forum, and which are the best providers to use.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

gary
28-06-2007, 11:24 PM
You can set up a local forum here. This is what the " Localities" section is for. No-one has used it very much to date:mad:
The forum can be password protected ( users will log in as usual and then use a separate password to enter the local forum). I can set a moderator who will be able to administer features on the forum( password/announcements etc)
See the Great Yarmouth PBC forum ( http://gpmanagement.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
the password is " GYPBC" as an example. as you can see it hasnt been used.
The locality forums are free to any user to set up ( just ask me - tell me what name you want and who will moderate it).

Regards Confidentiality: If the password controlled forum is not enough ( and remember that all members on this site have been authenticated as bona fide with nhs email addresses) then the forum can be set up so that only members of a certain usergroup can view the forum. to do this I would have to set up a special usergroup and you would have to tell me who to admit to it. More fiddly but feasible.