PDA

View Full Version : Flashchat

gary
13-08-2006, 11:29 AM
I have added a chat module as a trial - once logged on you will see the link "Flashchat" on the top menu bar and clicking on this will lead you into the chatroom. The chatroom requires Flash 7.0 player or higher to work.
You can customise the layout of the chatroom by clicking on the "options" button.:) I quite like the "tropical lagoon" theme myself!

gary
16-09-2006, 11:44 AM
I have removed the flashchat function. Obviously not a great idea.

alison redhead
17-09-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm sorry I missed this feature as I like the idea of having a room full of PMs to sound ideas off or get help in real time. Why did you decide to take it off?

gary
17-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi Alison,
well, I tried the idea out and I couldn't really see that anyone actually used it. The function is actually still there and I can easily replace it should there be a call for it. Perhaps I should put a poll up?
There are other options for chatting though and I am thinking about utilising them. MSN for instance. I am going to provide anyone who would like one a gpmanagement.co.uk email address thru the gmail service from google- there's a chat function that comes with this ( more later- just so much I can do in any one week!) The only thing with these is that there isnt a specific "room" that puts everyone in it automatically.

Yes, I'll put a poll up, and we can see what everyone thinks. And I'll put flashchat back up again, for a while only though!

(Then there's skype ( free web based telephony- which could be interesting, though I have to figure out how best to employ it)

hina
20-09-2006, 04:05 PM
i guess many of us use this site whilst at work and it's not that easy to take time out and chat but it's good to have the option nevertheless... you never know maybe people start peeking in during lunch hours and we could build ourselves a lunch-time reunion someday :D