PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for improving this website

gary
15-09-2006, 09:45 AM
I would be grateful for any helpful suggestions as to how this website could be improved.

Are there any services that could be added?
Which parts of the site could be removed?Comments can be added below as posts, or could be sent to me via the PM ( private messaging system)
thank you
Gary

janetnewman
15-09-2006, 10:35 AM
:confused: I really don't find this an easy, user friendly lay out at all.

Issy
15-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Hi Gary,

I have dabbled myself in a little web design (albeit very basic) and I find this site quite easy to navigate. Keep up the good work.

Issy:)

JSS
15-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Hi Gary

I enjoy the lay out and content. Wish I could spend more time on the site!

Joyce

Janice Brook
15-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Gary

find the web site informative - just having the time within a busy working day to access it regularly.

chhaya shah
15-09-2006, 12:48 PM
dear gary
I have found this website very useful but slightly confusing. If practice management and clinical issues design in such a way that we find easy to browse, I suggest we should have more updated policies and protocol's for each area.
overall I think this is an excellent website.

hina
15-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi Gary,

I think you've covered just about everything on here, the layout is good and the categories are all in place. if there's anything that pops up i will definitely let you know!

keep it up, it's very helpful!

jeankennett
15-09-2006, 01:12 PM
I've only just joined but I like the website and find it user-friendly with lots of helpful information and interesting discussions.

IanC
15-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Hi Gary,

What a real mine of information the site is. I can understand comments about difficulty in navigating around but it is worthwhile when one gets the hang of it - do persevere!
With the site being so new I think it is early days to think about removing areas at this stage although I did find some of the content in the career vacancy links less than relevant.
Thanks for providing such a useful tool

IanC :)

Rosemary
15-09-2006, 01:44 PM
gary

I am enjoying using the site, and overall find it easy to navigate. I tend to open the site first think in the morning (when I remember!), and then leave it minimised on my toolbar so that I can dip in to it during the day if the mood takes me! It is always good to hear from colleagues fighting the same battles and there have been some interesting and worthwhile tips I have gleaned.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to set this up.

Rosemary:)

Pam C
15-09-2006, 01:50 PM
takes a bit of getting used to but worth persevering as there is a lot there. Can't think how you could make it better without losing something.

Brian Austen
15-09-2006, 05:05 PM
I think it is a well designed, good website, which will improve as the membership base increases. Navigation does not seem easy at first but improves with use. It is informative and a good networking tool. It is also free. Have you thought about drug company sponsorship to reward you for your efforts?

Brian

alison redhead
15-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Hi Gary

I'll need to have a better look round so I've emailed the link home. I've listened to one of the pod casts but I'll get back to you when I've had more time with it.

How have you got into this?

Have a good weekend.

SteveR
18-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Like most others I find the site to be well designed.

One suggestion - although some may not like - is to switch on by default "Subscribe to Threads" when somebody posts to a thread. This way when a thread is posted to you know - this encourages more activity.

This option can be changed in the user options and I have just switched mine to always subscribe. My recommendation to Gary would be to have this switched on by default - mkaing it clear ot can be switched off if the user desires.

Cheers
Steve

Sutty
18-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Hi Gary, I am new to practice management and think the site will be really useful once I have got to grips with the basics - could take a while!

As well as discussion threads it might be a good idea for experienced PMs to share best practice tips etc so that newer people can read them.

I think it is quite user friendly and easy to navigate.

Gwyn
18-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi Gary

I'm very impressed with the website and visit it almost everyday - I did find it a bit tricky at first but now I can navigate my way around without any trouble, so I agree visitors should keep trying they will get used to it. When I first started reading the queries/comments from people I thought it was just going to be a formal forum for discussion but over the weeks I can sense it is becoming less so, as questions regarding policies etc are now being joined by 'niggles' that are often time consuming and hardly never clear cut, just what was needed. I think the website is great and I'm glad that I found the time to initially log on.

Regards

Gwyn

Nursie
19-09-2006, 12:16 PM
I love this site. So useful, easy to navigate and never boring! Well done. Could do with more Scots among your members though so I'll get to spreading the word up here!

ShelliF
19-09-2006, 03:46 PM
I like the format of the site as it's similar to non-work ones that I've used before so it's familiar. I've not really had an opportunity to spend much time browsing or posting but if it helps to keep it going I'll do my best to contribute.

simpson19
19-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Hi!
Like the idea of the website, but am presently finding it difficult to spare the time it deserves to read the various sections and views within it.
Keep up the good work!

Monica Adjei
22-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi Gary
This is definately an excellent website. Finding the time in a busy schedule to visit regularly is a problem for me. I think sharing protocols is a brilliant idea. I feel the flashchat should be available for those who would like to use it.
Great work!

avezard
22-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Good website, easy to navigate, perhaps because the format is familiar to me from other websites I go to. Maybe I spend too much time on the net.

I hope this will be a bit more dynamic than FPM which is and has been very good but I think the format of FPM does not encourage debate and frank expression of opinions I also think FPM is becoming an advertising vehicle.

Hopefully the two will complement each other.

Best of luck.