PDA

View Full Version : Eye Test

Monica Adjei
11-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Does any of you pay for staff eye test as the European law states that Employers should pay for eye test?

laura
14-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Does any of you pay for staff eye test as the European law states that Employers should pay for eye test?

Yes any member of staff who works a computer is entitled by law to a yearly eye test for which we pay also if a member of staff must wear glasses purely for computer work and would not otherwise require them in some practices they will pay partially towards these glasses:)

Gwyn
14-08-2006, 03:06 PM

Yes our Practice pays for annual eye tests for all our staff as the work is now so computer based. We have an agreement with a local optician who will carry out the eye tests and invoice the practice direct so there is no outlay by the staff.

Jerry Cooke
11-09-2006, 04:02 PM
We pay up to 15 towards an eye test every 2 years.

Ed_H
15-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Hi

We pay for eye tests similarly to your other replies. I made an arrangement with a local optician to do the tests and got a discount. If you are going to do the same, i suggest shopping around as charges do vary.:)
Ed H

bubby
19-04-2007, 09:01 AM
is it definately law that employers have to pay for employees eye tests no matter how long they use the computer for i.e. 1 minute or 60 mins, we have been informed that although we are a computer based practice that we are responsible for our own eye test, this has still not been readdressed although it has been brought up a number of times.

sri_130
02-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Arent they conducted by occupational health? or can't you get your staff eye tests taken there? Its been a good while since I had my eyes tested, but it was conducted at the occupational health dept within one of our local hospitals F.O.C. although we're employed directly by the PCT, this may well be different for GP practices?

catwoman
03-05-2007, 09:23 AM

We pay for annual tests at a specified optician, who I have an agreement with. They provide discounted tests, if the employee attends with a letter from the practice, and he supplies me with a report indicating if the employees requirements are due to VDU usage. If so the practice pays the cost of a basic NHS pair of glasses, the employee contributes if they want anything different.

B Wolski
21-06-2007, 10:29 AM
We have a questionnaire that staff can fill in which, depending on the score that adds up, shows whether they are classed as a User or not. Surprisingly few staff actually are classed as Users because they do not sit for long enough in front of a computer during a session of work.
If they are classed as a User, we would pay for an eye test and possibly for lenses if shown to be necessary by the optician but not for the frames.

Monica Adjei
01-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Is it possible to get a copy of the staff questionnaire?
Monica

bubby
05-08-2007, 03:54 PM
yes please can i have a copy of the questionnaire.

jenny.manley
11-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Hi Monica,

We pay for an eye test once year for VDU users, which are most folk these days.

Jenny

Bob Shearer
23-10-2007, 02:06 PM
You have to provide eye tests for employees who are regular computer users. If you are running a computer appointment system and are aiming for paperlite working, as we are, then every staff member will be glued to a screen most of their day and will certainly be entitled to an eye test on the firm.

The rule in Scotland is that any UK resident can get a free eye test in Scotland, so why don't you all organise weekends in Edinburgh for your staff and block book their eye tests. It's a great city for a practice outing ;)

Bob