PDA

View Full Version : Enahanced Services

cahall
19-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Minor Surgery.

When excising some lesions it is often most appropriate for our GP's to lop them off using the cautery. Our PCT has now declared that this is not allowable under the enhanced services and that an excision only counts if you use a scalpel and cause a wound which requires stitching.

I was just wondering if this is standard across the board.

Carol

charmagne
31-07-2006, 04:27 PM
It is as far as my PCT is concerned. As a PMS practice an amount for this sort of work is included in the baseline however, I am not sure how it is accounted for with nGMS, probably much the same way as it may be deemed as part of the global sum baseline.
What I would like to see is some consistency across the country about these 'extra' services which some LMC say are in the core services and those are deemd to be 'extra' and as such are funded via an LES.
For example in my area (Derbyshire) post op services such as dressings and suture removal is deemed by the LMC to be part of the core services, whereas in other parts of the country the LMC feels it is a 'extra' service. How can this be right when it was and still is a National contract?

judigreen
03-08-2006, 11:19 AM
We are GMS and our PCT take the same line!

pruritus
26-08-2006, 03:06 PM
<i>"For example in my area (Derbyshire) post op services such as dressings and suture removal is deemed by the LMC to be part of the core services, whereas in other parts of the country the LMC feels it is a 'extra' service. How can this be right when it was and still is a National contract?</i>

That is not logical. It is still not a requirement of GPs to have a practice nurse in fact I know of a (good) practice local to me in Kent who does not!

It therefore follows that dressings and suture removal are not core services. I am concerned that there is no uniformity in the LMC. Uniformity in the NHS ROTFLPMP!

roberts2407
31-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Central cheshire take the same view as well