PDA

View Full Version : Agenda for Change

harryM
11-07-2006, 11:34 AM
the pdf file for this is http://www.dh.gov.uk/assetRoot/04/09/59/50/04095950.pdf

Agenda for Change can be viewed as a change in the salary scales for NHS staff, but additionally it looks at the whole employment package, including overtime, hours worked, leave entitlement, maternity pay, occupational sickness entitlement, London weighting and other entitlements.

Lesley King
18-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I am resisting Agenda for Change as it does not currently apply to Practices. I do not think we can afford to go through these changes which have put a huge financial burden on the NHS. I have many members of staff who have worked for 15 to 20 to 25 years and the holiday entitlement alone would make it prohibitive.
The only staff members who may push for this are our Nursing Staff and quite frankly there are more benefits from working in the Practice compared to the hospitals, particularly with working hours.
We must not lose sight of the fact that approximately 30% of the salaries paid to staff are paid by the Partners of the Practice and as such I do not believe that we can have Agenda for Change forced upon us.

pruritus
26-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Agreed AfC does not apply to practices. However some at the PCT might mention sotto voce that if others do it then so might you. I donít think so. All practices must be aware of the pay levels and the various holiday entitlements that seem to constitute the going rate for the area irrespective of whether you wish to call it Whitley, AfC or Surgeries-R-Us. You will either be able to recruit and retain or you will not.

An important variable is whether you are a nice place to work in? A practice I am aware of offers good rates, excellent holiday package and BUPA health cover and still ends up advertising almost weekly.

drananduk
17-01-2007, 12:06 PM
If we would like to go for this A4C , How would we band Practice Nurse , HCA ,Receptionist and Secretaries. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Rachael
17-01-2007, 12:19 PM
I too have not gone with Agenda for Change. My staff are on Performance related pay. Those that work hard, over and above just turning up and doing their job, will get better pay and more holidays. How else can you reward staff for putting effort in. AfC demotivates staff and creates a "level playing field" that does not help those who wish to better themselves.

It is also rubbish for grading Practice Managers. If you give AfC to the rest of the staff can you justify not doing it for yourself. You may find yourself having to take a pay cut!!
Rachael