PDA

View Full Version : Infection Control - disposables

sharries
01-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Hi - we have recently received an email regarding the new legislation that comes into effect in March from infection control regarding the use of disposables. The email was a bit vague so I was wondering if anyone had any further information on this subject.

Any advice would be appreciated. :confused:

trish obrien
14-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Hi

we have been told by our Trust that use of autoclaves is to be discontinued from 31st march 2007 and we must move to single use equipment - therefore we are in the process of purchasing disposables. We are looking at joining with other practices to order in bulk in an attempt to reduce cost.

Nita
16-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Hi we are going through the same process at the moment. Our practice managers group is probably going to organise a locality purchase and we have a few companies in mind but has anyone used a company for disposable equipment yet that they can recommend?:confused:

sharries
22-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Thank you very much for your advice. Since I started the post we have been sent some sample disposables from two companies...Pelican healthcare www.pelicanhealthcare.co.uk and dene healthcare www.denehc.co.uk/store if anybody is interested in obtaining a quote. I believe dene hc is the most expensive of the two.

wickedsue
18-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Actually, we are continuing the use of our autoclave - we think purchasing disposables is more expensives and our gp isnt keen, as the disposables instruments can be prone to snapping etc.

We have our autoclave in a different room to minor ops have have fulfilled all criteria, so will continue sterilization in house