PDA

View Full Version : dispensing doctors quality scheme

lbenton123
01-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Has anybody signed up for this? If so, what are you doing about producing SOPS.Is anyone prepared to share theirs with us. I know most of them will be individual to practices but it would be nice not to have to re-invent the wheel totally. I am fully prepared to share what we have.

Regards

Lisa

kareng
12-12-2006, 08:57 AM
Many Practices have already signed up, details have been available since the beginning of the year. The main problems are with getting the DRUM (dispensary madication reviews) done before the end of March if you are a large dispensing practice as you have to achieve 7.5% of your dispensing list (actual patients on the list). The patient groups to be reviewed have to be agreed with your Pharmacy advisor at the PCT. The patients can be reviewed by the nurse or doctor, provided they cover the criteria in the schedule. The SOP are fairley straight forward to do. The DDA have some templates, does Surelines and a few of the drug companies. If you would like further advice or help, I am happy to oblige.

paulinec
19-12-2006, 05:00 PM
It would be helpful if anyone has got some sop's to share. Pauline

janet.armstrong
20-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Does anyone have any DRUMS they can share?

kareng
20-12-2006, 12:36 PM
I have attached my complete dispensary protocol procedures. Some pages will not transfer but it is still very useable. Good luck and when I have written an update for DRUM reviews I will add it.:)

davebergie
20-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Karen,

That is incredibly helpful, thank-you. I am having a really hard time seeing the point of DRUMs, as opposed to other medication reviews. Really, I think the way to do it is to incorporate them into other consultations -- seeing a dispensing patient, OK then run through the DRUM checklist.

Is that what you're doing, or are you calling people in especially?

Best,

David

lbenton123
21-12-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks for attaching the dispensary protocols etc; very useful and much appreciated.

Regards

Lisa

davebergie
21-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Surely what you do is print out the required number of copies of the table on P.19, stick them on the GP and nurse desks and then once they are all filled in, that's that. Scan them into the notes and Read code and you're laughing, aren't you?

http://www.bma.org.uk/ap.nsf/AttachmentsByTitle/PDFdispensescheme010806/$FILE/GMS+Dispensary+Scheme.pdf

Rachel
07-03-2007, 10:03 AM
I have attached my complete dispensary protocol procedures. Some pages will not transfer but it is still very useable. Good luck and when I have written an update for DRUM reviews I will add it.:)

The attached helped alot, I have recently become a practice manager and finding the dispensary protocol a little mind blowing

Rachel
07-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Karen

As I am new in post the dispensing side of things is very new to me, this will help alot. Still trying to get my head round the VAT side of things aswell. Its all good fun

lbenton123
13-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Has anybody got a SOP for information to give to parent/carer?

WOuld be very grateful.

Regards

Lisa